Perfect with White Potatoes
Also Great With Yellow Potatoes!
Method: Stove & Fryer
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 6 – 8
- 15 white potatoes, skin on,
- diced into 1cm pieces
- 2 brown onions finely sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp mild curry blend
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cm cube crushed ginger
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Slowly heat oil and butter in a large pot on medium heat and cook onions until they start to caramelise.
- Toss in mild curry blend and sauté until fragrant.
- Add garlic and ginger and slowly cook until fragrant.
- Add tomato, potato and stock and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook until the liquid has reduced by 1/3.
- Add coconut milk and chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chopped basil leaves.